PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS (from his website)
- He was one of the Navy personnel who risked their lives to secure thirty-two (32) persons during a daring search and rescue operation for the survivors of the ill-fated M/V Princess of the Orient at the height of a super typhoon in 1998.
- As a Navy Officer, he has a five-year sea duty experience logging-in a Total Miles Covered (TMC) of 35,316.78 nautical miles. During which time, his unit was responsible for the apprehension of dozens of smugglers, illegal loggers, poachers, human smugglers and illegal fishermen in numerous maritime law enforcement operations conducted in the waters of Batanes, Ilocos, Cagayan, Isabela, Zambales, Scarborough, Quezon, Bicol, Palawan, Mindoro, Romblon, Iloilo, Cebu, Zamboanga Peninsula, Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-tawi, Davao and Maguindanao.
- He was involved in numerous naval operations in support of ground operations directed against the Abu Sayyaf and other lawless elements.
- As procurement officer of the Naval Training and Education Command, Philippine Navy, he reformed the procurement system, which resulted to the accumulated savings of more than P4,000,000.00 in favor of the government.
- He has participated in 22 naval exercises conducted with local and foreign navies.
- He is a recipient of 23 assorted merit medals, campaign ribbons and badges.
- He stood up against Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s corrupt and oppressive regime, and was incarcerated for almost 7 ½ years.
- As a senator, he is the 4th
most productive senator in terms of the number of bills and resolutions filed, totalling to 734 bills and resolutions, 30 of which have been passed into law.
- He ranks 2nd
both in most number of national bills sponsored and committee hearings conducted.